Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Best of Gizmodo - Winner Time! - Gizmodo

Best of Gizmodo - Winner Time! - Gizmodo

With all the problems and less than lackluster customer satisfaction rating, I am a bit surprised that The Treo 650 was voted number one. Probably the people willing to vote for the other devices were too busy enjoying their gadget instead of surfing online to try to figure out how to use it or fix it.

I love my Treo buy it takes a lot of work to get it working productive. I know many user that could not put up with the many problems or that do not use it to it's full potential. I hope palm does a better job with their newer devices.

What I am looking for:

1) Sufficient memory.
2) More robust software (less resets).
3) Better Bluetooth (at least voice dialing).
4) 3.5mm Audio.
5) Wifi via SD.
6) A good camera.

The last 2 are not too important, but more and more smartphones are packing in more features. If a better phone that The Treo hits the market, I might jump ship!

6 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I could think of a few additions for your list, but overall I think the T650 is by far the best PDA out there.

8:23 AM  
Blogger West said...

I was pretty surprised by this post. I thought you were more of a fan.

Why not just sell your 650 and get another phone you'd be happier with?

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its crazy.. it is the year 2008 and I am loyal to my Treo 650. I have tried all kinds of other phones, Dash, 8125, Tilt, iPhone, Treo 750, and many others.. surprisingly, I love the Treo 650 better. Of course many people dont have a clue of what to do with it, like play movies, make the 8gig card work, stuff like that.. thats probably why many people dont like it. But anyways, just dropping by to say that.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had an issue with my speakers and I did the little wire trick and everything worked! Great post! Million Thx!

11:20 PM  
Blogger depb said...

colombiono'm good friends and new on this page, job repairing phones and I got a relative cell again to my mind. one plam treo 650 cell phone battery lights came not downloaded, I've since loaded with universal charger and gives me a voltage 3.40voltios, and nothing turns on, the magazine has brought me I find it a bit odd that I measure its output voltage and gives me a value of approximately 8 volts.
the truth do not appreciate any cooperation I give thanks for the help if you have the image of a card treo 650 on both sides, one last little thing if you can say that minimum voltage switch on the palm treo 650. appreciate your attention bay.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi i m himanshu,, i do mca in India,Punjab,, pleas suggest me sir what extra course i do ,,, which application now days is more useful and in demand ,,,, my interest is in hacking and in web developing,, is there any good scope of hacking in industry and suggest some institute and course of hacking in India ,, sir my id is himanshu.joshi751@gmail.com ,,, thanks nd plz reply me

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home