Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Treo 650 Audio Jack Secrets

Treo 650 Audio Jack Secrets.

Here is some information on the Treo 650 2.5mm audio jack. It comes straight from the Palm Developers guide that I downloaded a while back from Palm.

I was originally going to explain the audio jack functionality in my own words, but after reading the guide and being somewhat confused, I decided to post the information in it's original form. The confusion comes from the errors in the document, see if you can find them. I took my EE classes pass/fail, but I think I have a basic understanding of electricity...

There is also one error that is not apparent until you dissect a Treo. The basic information is correct though...

Headset Jack Specifications








4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We computer nerds rule the world!

5:43 AM  
Blogger TreoTricks said...

The 3 errors are:

1) switch on Signal1, not Signal2

2) Signal3 not= ground triggers 2-in-1 headset... equal sign is wrong

3) Signal1 not= Signal2 triggers Stereo ouput... equal sign is wrong

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am new in this, but, i need the address, email or anything to get in contact for repairing teh treo with the audio problem.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was working with a Treo last night for about an hour trying to get music to play on realtunes since that was already installed on the phone...I was able to put mp3s on the sd card by inserting it onto my computer, but when I put in back in the phone, they wouldnt play. How can I hear my music?!?!
(I also tried installing pocket tunes from the extras that come on the palm cd, but a script error came up and wouldnt let me!?)

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home